1. Business need
The sector of the restaurant business often faces the difficulties with recruitment due to low prestige, demographic decline, highly competitive environment, etc. The issue is particularly relevant in a big company that operates restaurants in various cities.
The project goal was to provide an effective recruitment process for restaurant managers to improve the quality of the employees’ selection who are capable to ensure operational excellence in the restaurants and to be promoted in the company.
The questions that we faced at the beginning of the project:
- How can we specify who we are looking for?
- How to train restaurant managers to effectively manage the recruitment process?
- How to reduce resignations in the first three months (so called on-boarding period)?
- What will help to make the recruitment process effective?
The main stages of the project:
- Determination of competency model, based on values and type of candidates we are looking for;
- Determination of the value proposition of the company (EVP);
- Development of materials and campaigns to attract the candidates based on EVP;
- Creation of an effective recruitment process that combines theoretical and practical approaches including the adaptation process;
- Preparation of recruitment materials: managers training, interview forms, certifications, adaptation questionnaires;
- Implementation of the updated process in restaurants.
- After project implementation and the recruitment process update we learned to close all the vacancies at a restaurant level, therefore the staff occupancy was increased to 100%.
- Turnover of employees who have worked less than three months, which usually indicates errors in the set and adaptation, was decreased twice.
- The employee engagement increased by 10%.
- The average time of closing vacancies has decreased from 12 to 6 weeks.